We strongly encourage parent involvement in the School Council and value parents’ assistance in a range of school related activities. The School Council, which is made up of parents and staff, is responsible for defining the Policy of the school.
School Council nominations are called for annually with one half of the membership being replaced each year.We encourage parents to nominate for School Council positions.
There are also opportunities for parents who are not School Council members to participate in school council sub-committees. Only elected members of School Council have voting rights.
School Council meets twice a term at 6.30pm.
We welcome your involvement and participation in school activities. The following list provides some examples of how you could be involved.
- Swimming program – assistance with supervision
- Listening to children read
- Typing children’s stories
- Preparing aids
- Covering books
- Going on camps and excursions
- Assisting with grounds and buildings improvements
- Standing for election as a School Councillor
- Coaching or assisting in our sports program
- Classroom helpers, learning centres, etc
- Assisting with our community head lice program
- Assisting with our Mothers/Fathers Day Stalls
- Helping out on Stocky Meal Deal days
- Assisting with general fundraising activities
Quite often your involvement in school activities can be the stimulus your child needs to progress in school.